Do you miss chocolate cake?? If you feel like treating yourself or need to curb your sweet/chocolate craving- then a protein powder mug cake is exactly what you need! It tastes like delicious chocolate cake but is filled with protein and wont ruin your diet!
It’s a much deserved treat after a hard workout! Or during that time of the month!
The first time I made it my husband thought I gave up on eating healthy because our whole house smelled like a bakery. It REALLY does feel like a cheat. It’s also VERY filling!
Top Rated Protein Powder
The protein powder you use when making these kind of recipes has a lot to do with the final taste of your cake. It is super important that you have a protein powder you love and that bakes well. If you’re unsure of which one to choose, I highly recommend the IdealFit protein powders.
They come in a ton of flavors, are super affordable, not loaded with sugar and taste great.
Protein Powder Mug Cake Recipe
P.S: If you’re not sure what the difference between BCAA and protein is, you can read this article on the difference between bcaa vs whey protein.
High Protein Cake Ingredients
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp 100% pure/raw honey
- 5 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk or coconut milk
- 2 tsp all natural peanut butter or almond butter (whichever you prefer)
High Protein Cake Directions
- Coat the mug with coconut oil.
- In a separate bowl, combine the protein powder, baking powder, sea salt and cocoa powder.
- Add egg white, honey and almond/coconut milk.
- Stir until fully combined. Seriously, I’m not joking when I say fully combined. Do it well because you don’t want to taste pieces of egg whites in your cake!
- Add half of the batter to the bottom of the mug.
- Put 1 tsp of peanut or almond butter in the middle of the batter.
- Add the rest of the batter to the mug.
- I microwave mine for 1 minute and then put it on for another minute, but check it every 10-15 seconds until it’s done.
- Let cool in mug for a little bit.
- Top with remaining nut butter, if you’d like.
More Clean Eating Desserts