Many of us tend to eat all the things over the holidays. That’s okay, though! The holidays are meant to be enjoyed and celebrated, so don’t feel bad at all.
Even if you’re reading this some time past the holidays, we still tend to binge eat for other celebrations or even just out of stress or any other emotional event.
However, we also tend to start thinking about getting back on track or start thinking about our resolutions once the leftovers are finishing up.
So, how exactly do you get back on track after a holiday binge or (any binge eating episode for that matter)?
5 Ways to Recover After Binge Eating
- Drink tons of water! Upping your water intake may help temporarily increase metabolism to burn off extra calories. Also, a lot of times we overeat because our bodies can confuse thirst with hunger. If you remain hydrated, you can easily avoid this.
- Plan ahead. Use a fitness planner to not only meal plan and prep, but to also plan your workouts and set your goals! Then use it to track how you are doing and what you are actually taking in vs burning. This will also allow you to keep track of your goals and see your progress over time.
- Nourish yourself rather than restricting yourself. Do not skip meals, just make better choices and eat nutrient dense foods.
Related: Check out this list of 101 zero carb foods and drinks
- Do not step on the scale. Instead, every time you get the urge to step on the scale, practice some form of self care. It can be as simple as watching TV instead or taking a long shower instead of stepping on the scale. As long as it’s something that makes you feel good, it will quickly make you forget about checking your weight.
- Go for a walk, it has been proven that going for a walk helps empty your stomach and helps relieve bloating and fullness. You will not only feel better, but you will also start ease back in to the routine of working out without out over doing it or trying to overcompensate for the meals you had.
Hope this helps!