Ok ya’ll, this stuff is amazing!! I’ve tweaked it a few times and this is the one I like best. The picky eaters in my house eat them all up… I get 3 (that’s one healthy serving size), they get the other 9- that’s how good they are!
And I know they look like meatballs… but they taste like meatloaf so that’s why I decided on this name lol.
I usually make asparagus on the side with them to get the greens in.
These are GREAT for freezing and also a great post workout snack!
- 1 lb of Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled (quick) oats
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup broccoli, chopped (thaw out if frozen)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup onion, minced
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 12 Small Cubes of Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tsp Worchestershire sauce, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Spray a muffin tin with olive oil or use silicone muffin cups to avoid the oil
- Run broccoli, onion, carrots and garlic through a food processor until finely chopped.
- Mix ground turkey, egg, oats, vegetable mix from food processor and the remainder of ingredients (except cheese) in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- Separate 1/4 cup of meat and add a mozzarella piece to the center.
- Roll into a ball and put in the muffin tin.
- Top with sauce.
- Bake muffins for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
21 Day fix:
- Serving size = 3 meatballs
- 1 red, 1 blue, 1 green, 1/4 yellow