** This post was sponsored by Subaru.
Are you going on a road trip with the kids soon? All of that sitting can be painful, stressful and hard on your body. No worries, though. I have everything you need to make it an enjoyable road trip with the kids- from road trip workouts to the perfect road trip SUV.
Stress Free Road Trip – The Perfect SUV
The right car can make a world of difference when you have to sit in it for so long! I prefer SUV’s because of the amount of space and comfort.
I’ve been driving a Subaru Forester for three years and am currently loving on the 2018 Subaru Forester 😍
I mean, look at this beauty.
The 2018 Subaru Forester is the perfect SUV for road trips because it provides all of this:
- Comfortable seats that don’t make your butt hurt after an hour.
- A quiet ride, because the noise of a loud car can get really irritating.
- A good amount of trunk space to keep all of your stuff in.
- Enough backseat space to keep the carseats far enough apart that the kids can’t touch (aka hit) each other.
- A good sound system and different music options (radio, satellite, Pandora, etc).
- A digital pedometer… because you don’t want to go over the speed limit and end up with a ticket before you even arrive.
- Alerts when there is a car in your blind spot or too close when you are reversing. This is especially important on long trips.
Road Trip Workouts – Video
No, don’t use a road trip as an excuse to skip your workouts!
When you’re on a road trip, you don’t just have to sit and be still the whole time. Get up and move! Do some easy road trip workouts!
Your body will thank you and you will feel so much better.
My favorite way to get a workout in is while we are at a rest stop. The kids are strapped in to their carseat, you can send your husband off to buy food, stretch, use the bathroom, etc. While he does that, try these moves that do not require any equipment other than your car:
Enjoy Your Trip
As stressful and exhausting as road trips can be, remember to enjoy that time with your babies!
Having the right car and getting some workouts in will definitely help.
But, you also have to just breathe and relax. Make it a point to not let the little things bother you. It’ll be over before you know it!