Nom nom nom. Fish tacos are so good! Especially in the summer, there is something so refreshing about them. If you’ve never had them, you’re missing out on life and need to try them now! Trust me.
- 1 lb Tilapia, cod or mahi mahi fillets
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (don’t use if you don’t like spicy)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 small red cabbage, cored and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 sliced red onion
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- In a mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne and season with salt and pepper.
- Place fish into a gallon size resealable bag and pour marinade over fish. Seal bag and move bag around to evenly coat fish with marinade.
- Let marinate in mixture 20 minutes (no longer than that or the lime will start cooking it)
- Cook on a non-stick pan on medium-high heat until cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate, break into pieces and serve in warmed tacos with cabbage slaw and avocado slices. You can also top with hot sauce.
For the cabbage slaw:
- Add cabbage, red onion and cilantro to a medium mixing bowl. Pour lime juice and olive oil over top and season lightly with salt and pepper. Toss to evenly coat.
21 Day Fix:
- Serving size: 2 tacos
- Container count: 1 yellow, 1 red, 1/2 green, 1tsp