I’m sure you already know that boneless, skinless chicken breasts are great for you- so I wont bore you with that. What I will do is show you how to make an amazing chicken breast for dinner with this easy fajita stuffed chicken recipe!
Chicken fajitas are great, but when you just stuff the chicken you don’t need tortillas to make it feel like a full meal.
These are absolutely a must try! They are delicious, healthy, and keto friendly with less than 4g net carbs! For that small amount of calories, you are getting a filling dinner packed with protein. It’s also a great way to sneak your veggies in without anyone noticing!
The best part, though, is that it’s a super easy stuffed chicken breast recipe and doesn’t take much effort! And as easy as it is to make, it looks really fancy on your dinner plate!
Keeping it Low Calorie
Silicone Baking Mat Set
To save on calories, you want to avoid the oil or use as little as possible.
In order to avoid using oil, therefore saving on calories and keeping this healthy, you should use a silicone baking mat.
You can use these with anything you bake to minimize calories, oil usage and cleanup! It’s my favorite way to bake literally anything.
Since they’re reusable, it’s cheaper than constantly buying parchment paper or aluminum. If you follow my recipes, you’ll see I use these all the time and consider them a healthy kitchen must have!
Also, I know a lot of keto recipes like to use sour cream and cream cheese, but I’m not using them in this recipe because it is low carb but I’m also keeping it low calorie for those who are looking for weight loss friendly recipes in general.
Fajita Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe
Fajita Stuffed Chicken Recipe Video
Fajita Stuffed Chicken Ingredients
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup sliced green and red bell peppers
- 2 tsp. fajita seasoning
- If you prefer to make your own fajita seasoning, here’s the recipe used in traditional fajitas:
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 2tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1tsp onion powder
- cayenne pepper to taste (depends on how spicy you like it)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- If all you have is taco seasoning on hand, you can use that too.
- Three boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/8 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese if you do not have a Mexican blend on hand
- 1/4 cup salsa (optional)
- Lime juice to taste (optional)
Fajita Stuffed Chicken Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a baking pan with olive oil OR get a silicone baking mat, and put that in the baking pan instead. Then it will not require any oil, which saves you calories! You can also spray the pan with a 0 calorie nonstick spray – preferably olive oil or avocado oil spray.
- Bring a nonstick pan to medium-high heat or medium heat if your stove tends to heat a little higher. Use a large skillet for this.
- Chop veggies on your cutting board.
- Add onion and bell peppers in to your heated pan to make the onion mixture. Cook and stir until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer cooked veggies to a small bowl and mix with 1 tsp. fajita seasoning. Stir well to make the fajita stuffing.
- Slice a chicken pocket in to the each chicken breast so that you can stuff them. Make sure it is not too deep where everything will fall out.
- Season chicken breasts with salt, black pepper, and mix them with the remaining 1 tsp. of fajita sauce.
- Divide cooked veggies and stuff in to the pockets of the breasts.
- Place in the baking pan. Cover the baking pan with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle stuffed cutlets with cheese. Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with salsa if you’d like.
Save any leftovers in an airtight container so that they last longer.
Fajita-Stuffed Chicken Recipe Card / Printable
The Best Fajita Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 1/2 cup sliced green and red bell peppers
- 2 tsp fajita seasoning
- 3 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded mexican blend cheese reduced fat
- 1/4 cup salsa optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking pan with nonstick spray OR get a silicone baking mat, and put that bad boy in the baking pan instead. Then it will not require any spray, which saves you calories!
Bring a nonstick pan to medium-high heat.
Add onion and bell peppers. Cook and stir until softened, about 6 minutes.
Transfer cooked veggies to a bowl and mix with 1 tsp. fajita sauce. Stir well.
Slice a pocket in to the chicken breasts so that you can stuff them. Make sure it is not too deep where everything will fall out.
Season chicken breasts with salt, black pepper, and mix them with the remaining 1 tsp. of fajita sauce.
Divide cooked veggies and stuff in to the pockets of the breasts.
Place in the baking pan. Cover the baking pan with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
Remove foil and sprinkle stuffed cutlets with cheese. Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
Serve with salsa if you'd like.
Fajita Stuffed Chicken Nutrition Facts
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3.3g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||3%|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.6g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|
|Total Sugars 1.4g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
For more delicious recipes like this one and a full 21 day weight loss meal plan, get my e-book here:
P.S: I get a lot of questions about making this in the air fryer, however, I have not tried that yet so I am not sure how it would turn out.