Do you think working from home is the best option for you? There are legit work from home jobs out there that are not commission based or MLM.
Although there is nothing wrong with those, they are not for everyone and there are actual salaried options out there.
I started working from home when I was seven months pregnant with my first son and have been doing so ever since. It has been amazing. I didn’t have to waste money on daycare and I have been able to watch my two sons grow. I also get to stay in my pajamas!
20 Legit Work From Home Jobs
In my post about whether or not working from home is REALLY for you, I mentioned that there are a lot of companies that offer work from home positions. This is going to be a quick post with a list of some of the companies I’m aware of.
Of course, what you qualify for is going to depend on your experience, education level, and whatever else the company is looking for.
Here are some companies that offer work from home positions:
- Apple- live chat/customer service, which they call an “At Home Advisor.”
- Groupon- customer service.
- Uhaul- customer service.
- Pizza Hut- taking orders over the phone.
- Convergys- customer service.
- Sykes- several positions.
- VIP Desk Connect- customer service.
- IQor- customer service.
- Xerox- several positions ranging from customer service to IT to marketing.
- United Health Group- several positions but you’ll likely be on the phone all day.
- MetLife – Case manager for short term/long term disability claims.
- About.com- they all have to do with writing content for their website.
- Microsoft- several positions including recruiting, marketing, engineering, etc.
- Thomson Reuters- several positions including marketing and accounting.
- Kaplan- Instructors (must have Masters degree in field)
- Mozilla- IT positions.
- JetBlue- several positions.
- Amazon- they over several work from home positions but you have to live in the hiring state.
- Career Education Corporation- Remote professors (must have Masters degree in field)
- Avon Corporate – Remote District Sales Manager
- UpWork – You can apply for several work from home positions here varying from Live Chat to Virtual Assistant to Social Media Manager and a ton of other things!
Related: Need money fast? These are ways to make money while waiting to find a job!
Work From Home for Yourself, No Boss
Your other option, of course, is to start a blog like this one!
Starting a blog is easy, as I show you in the link above. But the best part about it is that you work for yourself, make your own schedule, take time off whenever you need it and don’t have to answer to anyone else.
I started my blog in 2014 and now earn over $12k/month. Now, don’t get me wrong, this doesn’t happen overnight and it takes a lot of time, effort and hard work. But if you have a passion you can talk about over and over, like to write and want to work for yourself- this is the best option, in my opinion.
I worked on my blog part time while working a full time job from home and when I replaced my full time jobs income with my blogs income, I quit. That is how I recommend going about it unless you can afford to have no income for a year or so.
Hope this helps! If you know of any other companies with salary work from home positions, leave a comment below!