First, let me clarify, that food IS important. If you want to see real results, you need to eat clean. However, a fad diet is not necessary and definitely not going to keep the fat off. There are some other things you can do to aid with weight loss if you need an extra boost or if you’re just not there yet.
Make sure to make all of these habits to keep the fat off.
1) Drink lots of water!! You should be drinking at least half of your weight in water daily. So if you are 140 lbs, you should be drinking 70oz of water everyday. And, no, the water in soda, coffee and alcohol don’t count! Those just steal water from your body, making you need more.
Water is essential for proper digestion and nutrient absorption. The carbs and proteins that our bodies use as food are metabolized and transported by water in the bloodstream. Water also transports waste material out of our bodies.
Water suppresses the appetite naturally and helps the body metabolize stored fat. Studies have shown that a decrease in water intake will cause fat deposits to increase, while an increase in water intake can actually reduce fat deposits.
2) Eat 3 well balanced meals with 2 snacks in between. This will keep you eating about every two hours and your body will use your energy stores to burn more fat.
3) Exercise at least 30 minutes a day. Even if it’s going for a long walk outside or going for a swim, just make sure you are moving and making your body work.
4) Lift weights. Muscle burns calories, and you need to lift to build muscle.
5) Eat your fruits and healthy carbs earlier in the day. Although the sugars are natural, they’re still sugars and you want to give your body time to break them down before you go to bed.