- 4 large zucchinis (cut lengthwise and middle scooped out)
- 1 small package whole mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cup organic no sugar added tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced tomatoes for garnish (optional)
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese divided per zucchini
- Fresh basil chopped
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Lay zucchini in a baking dish (make sure they are cut lengthwise with middle scooped out).
- Drizzle some of the tomato sauce on the inside of the zucchini to coat.
- Divide and sprinkle half of the parmesan cheese on all pieces of zucchini.
- Add some chopped fresh basil to each zucchini and set zucchini aside.
- Cook ground turkey.
- Add seasoning, mushrooms, and most of the tomato sauce leaving just a little bit for drizzling on the zucchini before putting in the oven.
- When that is finished cooking, evenly distribute the mixture by filling each zucchini.
- Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese, top with shredded mozzarella divided evenly between zucchini pieces.
- Drizzle some more tomato sauce and chopped basil OR add actual tomato slices.
- Bake on 350 for 40 min.
21 Day Fix:
- Serving size = 2 boats
- 1 red, 2 green, 1 blue, 1/2 purple