I mean… who doesn’t love a good taco?! Since we can’t eat tortillas at every meal, unfortunately, a taco salad is the next best thing. And it’s damn good, too!
I’m pretty sure I can have a taco salad for lunch every day and never get bored. Especially with it being one of the easiest things to make.
I like to top mine with freshly squeezed lime and a little bit of salt instead of dressing. However, if you do prefer dressing, I recommend OPA greek yogurt dressing (or making your own).
- 1 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium sized onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning (more to taste)
- Diced tomato
- 1 Can of corn
- 14 oz can Black Beans
- Chopped romaine lettuce (As many greens as your meal calls for)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Sauté a package of lean ground beef with diced onion and taco seasonings.
- Set aside corn, diced tomato, and romaine lettuce
- Warm up black beans, set aside.
- If you’re on the 21 day fix, on a plate, portion out 1 red of ground beef, 1 yellow of beans and corn, and as many greens of veggies as your meal calls for (lettuce, tomato). If you are not, measure out to taste.
- You can also top with cheese if the meal calls for a blue container or if you’re not on the 21 day fix.
- Top with either freshly squeezed lime and salt or OPA dressing