I wanted to make sure he got an active start at life, so the fact that they offer swim classes when they are so young was perfect for us.
It was also a great way to have him socialize with other kids since we don’t have family members with kids as young as him.
Let me tell you, he absolutely loves it! When he sees the pool he gets the biggest smile. The moment he touches the water, he is splashing around having a ball.
– Bonding. The best part about doing an activity like this with your child is that it is great bonding time. You’re both having fun together and learning something new. You will learn so much about your baby as they are learning to swim. You will also learn how naturally it comes to them. I was so scared to put my son under water, but he was able to hold his breath under water for 3 seconds by his second class!
– Water safety. It’s so important for your child to be safe in the water. God forbid he falls in to the deep end of the pool or something one day and doesn’t know what to do.
– Comfortable in the water. I love how my son is not scared of water and is super comfortable in it. I’ve seen other kids scream and cry in pools because they are terrified of water, but swim lessons really help avoid that fear.
– Socialization. I really just love that my son gets to be around so many other kids his age and gets to play with them in the water.
– Great exercise. In a time where kids are stuck to their phones and video games, it’s so important to make sure they are active and developing healthy habits while they are young so they continue when they are older.
– Fun. It’s just a fun thing to do! I always loved the pool when I was a kid, but we would only go a few times a year. My son gets so excited when he sees the pool and looks forward to it every week.
If you’ve been considering putting your child in swim lessons, go for it! I really can’t see any bad coming out of it. And if it doesn’t work out, you can just cancel!