This is an easy yet delicious staple in our house. You can even prepare a batch and freeze it until you are ready to throw it in the crockpot.
If you don’t want to wait the time it takes to cook in a crockpot, you can cook this on the stove top as well. I recommend using a non-stick pan so you are not using a bunch of oil.
- 1 ½ lbs flank steak
- 1 ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp liquid aminos (It’s a natural soy sauce alternative. I use this one.)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (I buy the pre-minced garlic)
- 4– 5 bell peppers
- 1 large onion
- Mix together the chili powder, cumin, coriander, sea salt and pepper
- Rub the spice mixture over all sides of the steak and place it in the slow cooker
- Sprinkle the liquid aminos over top
- Top the steak with the minced garlic
- Slice the bell peppers and onion and add them to the slow cooker
- Turn the slow cooker onto HIGH and cook for 5 – 6 hours or until the steak can easily be shredded with two forks.
- Drain the meat and peppers well and serve
21 Day Fix:
- 1 red, 1 green