I honestly never gave brussel sprouts a try until my husband told me he loved them, which I thought was weird. You usually only hear negative things about them, so I never even considered them.
Since my picky eater of a husband loved them, I thought I’d finally try. He told me to boil them… yuck. I hated them! They were soggy and gross.
So I decided to pan fry them. They were better, but not great. Then I roasted them… and we’ve been eating them ever since!
If you’re not worried about weight loss, want a cheat meal, or just don’t care- add a little bacon, hmmmmm.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 large shallots, peeled and cut into ½” thick wedges
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Heat an oven-safe nonstick 12-inch sauté pan over medium-high heat and add olive oil, brussels sprouts and shallots in one layer and let cook undisturbed for about 3 minutes until beginning to caramelize.
- Turn occasionally for an additional 2-3 minutes until golden all over.
- Transfer to the oven and roast for 8-10 minutes, until softened a bit but not soggy.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze, toss and serve.