Who doesn’t love pizza?! I’m from Chicago, and there’s no getting around the constant pizza eating my friends and family are doing. Usually I’ll just eat the toppings and leave the bread, but then I have to eat like 10 pieces to feel satisfied.
So, instead, I started making my own pizza casserole that taste just like Chicago pizza minus the crust!
Related: Super Easy & Tasty Keto Pizza Eggs
Loaded Keto Pizza Casserole Recipe
Keto Pizza Casserole Ingredients
- 1 medium cauliflower head, cut into small florets
- 1 lb ground, unseasoned sausage
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 1/2 cup baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup natural, low carb pasta sauce
- 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz pepperoni
- 1/4 cup black olives
Keto Pizza Casserole Instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Pour 2 inches of water into a large saucepan set over medium-high heat. Place a steamer
basket inside and add the cauliflower florets. Cover and steam for 5-6 minutes, or until the
cauliflower is tender but still slightly firm.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add sausage and break apart. Once partially cooked, add the onion, and mushroom and saute until browned and everything is cooked through, 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 1 additional minute, until fragrant.
- Add pasta sauce to skillet. Season with 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper, stirring well.
- Add the cauliflower to the skillet and stir to combine. Remove from heat and transfer to a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the top evenly with mozzarella cheese.
- Evenly place pepperoni on top of the cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and the edges are golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining Italian seasoning and serve.
- Serving Size: 1/6th casserole
- Calories: 413 cal
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 3g
- Net Carbs: 7g
- Protein: 23g
- Fat: 32g
PIN IT FOR LATER: