Holiday Shopping with the Kids Done Right! + Top 3 Holiday Finds
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of DICK’S Sporting Goods. All opinions are 100% mine.
Is the thought of having to get your holiday shopping done an overwhelming one? You have to find time to shop while also taking care of your kids, so how do you fit it in?
The best way is to just take your kids with you and do your holiday shopping with the kids! Of course, you have to find a place that’s family friendly and has something for everyone so it’s just one stop for everything.
My place of choice? DICK’S Sporting Goods!
Have you ever been there? The minute you walk in you fall in love, it’s basically a happy place for adults.
Why Dick’s Sporting Goods is the Best Option with Kids
Here is why I love holiday shopping with the kids at DICK’S Sporting Goods:
- My toddlers are easily entertained because there is just so much to look at. I strap them in the stroller, let them hang on to a toy and they are just calm and in heaven the entire time I shop.
- They have gifts for everyone on your list. I can shop for my kids, my husband, my parents, my in-laws, nieces & nephews, grandparents and friends all in one shot.
Whether they are sports fans, athletes, fashionistas, outdoorsy, shoe lovers, live in cold climate, or just generally like nice things– there is something there for them.
- Lots of registers, which means faster and fewer lines. This is a must when you are shopping with kids because they can get bored easily. You don’t want your kids waiting in a long line to checkout (hello holiday rush) so lots of registers is key.
- The staff knows their stuff, so they can really help you with gift ideas for people your unsure of or just with any questions you may have.
- The variety is insane. My husband was obsessed with the kayaks and we’ve never even been kayaking 😂. I’m telling you, there is just so much to chose from that there’s no way you couldn’t cover everyone in on shot.
- If you decide to shop online, shipping is free! Plus, you can return whatever you buy online in the actual store if you decide it wasn’t the right choice.
These 6 things are key to remaining stress free while holiday shopping with the kids. I mean, why pay for a baby sitter and go to a million stores when you don’t have to?
Top 3 Holiday Items at Dick’s Sporting Goods
The weather just took a turn in Chicago and we went from upper 60’s to freezing and snowing within a day. So we needed a few things immediately.
We packed our kids up and headed to Dick’s Sporting Goods because we knew they would have what each of us needed as we prepare for the holidays.
So, I wanted to share my top 3 holiday finds at DICK’S Sporting Goods. Hopefully this can make your life even easier 😉
- These beautiful and extremely warm pair of Sorel Cozy Joan Waterproof Winter Boots. You guys, I’m obsessed. I mean look at these beauties! They are light on the feet, they are waterproof, they are comfortable enough for long walks and they keep your feet warm in the snow. These would make a great gift for any special lady in your life that lives in cold weather or just always has cold feet.
- My husband needed a sweater to keep him warm while also looking put together when we go out. So he opted for this gorgeous North Face Men’s Gordon Lyons Fleece Pullover. He basically lives in it now because it’s so warm and cozy! It’s the perfect give for the man in your life (husband, son, father, grandfather)!
- For my toddler, I got him these super comfortable and easy to move in adidas Youth Tiro 17 Soccer Training Pants. He’s always running around so I need him to be comfortable and prefer pants that are easy for him to take off when he has to use the potty. They are youth sized, but the 2xs fit him perfectly. They’re also super stylish so he looks put together even if we just throw it on to run around. Now that I see them on him, I want a pair for myself! These are really in right now so they’re great for anyone, youth, men, women, whoever!
Have you been to Dick’s Sporting Goods? If so, what have been some of your favorite finds?