Normally I don’t have a problem getting up at 6am and making breakfast, but lately I just haven’t been feeling like it. I have been sick so I have been extra tired and lazy in the mornings.
But, moms don’t get sick days so I still have to suck it up and make breakfast. And as much as I would just love to throw oatmeal in the crockpot every night, I wouldn’t love the complaining from everyone telling me they’re tired of eating oatmeal every morning.
You don’t have to do this overnight though, you can also get it all ready and bake in the morning.
The other thing, the recipe is completely tweakable. You can use pretty much whatever veggies you have on hand and you can skip the bacon or turkey if you want. It really tastes good in so many ways.
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, diced
- 6 slices of bacon or turkey
- 2/3 cup of cheese of choice (cheddar, feta, etc)
- Pure olive oil spray
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Sautee all veggies in a pan coated with pure olive oil spray for a few minutes
- Cook bacon in another pan
- Whisk the eggs, almond milk, and cheese together
- Coat baking dish with pure olive oil spray
- Mix in veggies with eggs/milk/cheese mix
- Crumble the bacon and add in to the mixture
- Pour mixture in baking dish and cover (you can also use a muffin tin)
- Refrigerate until morning or cook right away
- Preheat oven to 350
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until cooked through
- Serve warm and enjoy!These are also really good reheated, so they’re a great option when meal prepping breakfast.