I LOVE banana nut bread, so banana nut oatmeal helps satisfy that craving. It also makes the house smell amazing!!
I leave it in the crockpot overnight and it’s waiting for me in the morning. Absolutely no reason to skip breakfast!
- 1 cup steel cut oats (If you use old fashion rolled outs, it will come out watery. If that’s all you have, you’ll need to use less liquid- but I haven’t experimented with that yet)
- 1 ripe banana – mashed
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups skim milk (or almond milk)
- 1 cups water
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- banana slices- optional topping
- Place all ingredients in crockpot and stir until well combined.
- Cook on low for 8 hours (perfect for leaving in the crockpot while you sleep).
- After 8 hours, stir oatmeal with a fork to loosen the steel cut oats and make sure everything is nicely mixed.
- Top with sliced bananas if you’d like.
21 Day Fix:
- Serving Size = Divide everything in to 4 equal parts and 1 part will be 1 serving
- 1 purple, 1/2 yellow, 1/2 orange