I love Chipotle, but I don’t like spending my money on them all of the time. This tastes just as good and is super easy to make.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts about 2 large breasts
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 teaspoons of onion powder
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 14 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 3/4 cups of instant whole grain brown rice
- 1 can of corn (optional)
- ½ cup shredded cheese of choice (optional)
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker.
- Pour chicken broth over chicken breasts and stir in canned tomatoes, onion, corn (optional) olive oil, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts from slow cooker.
- Turn slow cooker to high and stir in instant rice and beans.
- Let cook 30-45 minutes on high, or until rice is tender.
- Add chicken back in, cook for 20 minutes on high, or until chicken is warm.
- Serve & top with cheese (optional)
21 Day Fix:
- Serving Size = 1 cup
- 1/2 red, 1/2 green, 1 yellow