- 1 cup natural brown rice
- 8 cups cold water
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Rinse the rice with cold water for 30 seconds.
- Bring the water and salt to a boil over high heat in a large heavy pot with a tight fitting lid.
- When the water is boiling add the rice, stir and partially cover (don’t cover complete or it will spill over) and cook on medium-high heat for 30 minutes.
- Drain the rice in strainer, then quickly return to the pot and cover tightly for 20 minutes so the steam finishes cooking the rice.
- Uncover the rice and fluff with a fork.