The Busy Moms Guide to All Natural House Cleaning with Grove Collaborative
When I was pregnant, one of the first decisions I made was that I would only use all natural house cleaning products. Guess what else? I would also make the products myself! Ya know, DIY life and all.
Yeah… I was obviously still a new mom to be living in la-la land.
I was soon slapped in the face with the realization that there simply wasn’t enough time in the day for all of that… especially after having two babies under two years old.
However, the strong smells of harsh chemicals all over my house and hands every time I cleaned really bugged me. I wouldn’t even dare clean the house until the kids were sleeping.
So I still had that nagging feeling of wanting to use more natural products in my home. I did a ton of research until I found the solution that was right for us… and didn’t involve any DIY what-so-ever!
Why All Natural House Cleaning
Have you ever spent an hour cleaning your house to then have your hands smell like harsh chemicals for days, to the point that you wonder if it’s even safe to feed your baby?
Or do you constantly wait until your kids are sleeping to clean the house because you don’t want them inhaling all of the harsh chemicals you, yourself, are about to inhale?
With natural products you can wipe down your entire kitchen counter, your kids can literally eat off of it, and you don’t have to freak out that they’re ingesting harmful chemicals.
We research how to take care of our bodies, what exercise program we should be doing and what kind of food we should be eating to live a healthy life… but then we forget about the other things that surround us and also contribute to our health.
If you’re going to take care of yourself, take care of yourself in every way possible. Use products that are safe for you and safe to have your children around.
Natural House Cleaning Tips
- You do not have to DIY all natural products, you can simply order them online and have them shipped straight to your home. Saving you time, energy and space.
- Use Amber glass bottles because they will keep your product fresh and make it last longer.
- Order your natural products online because it is cheaper.
- Set up a subscription with Grove Collaborative so you never run out of your favorite, all natural product and have to use whatever you find at the store.
- If you want to kind of DIY but not fully DIY, check out the Simply Earth box that comes with everything you need to make certain things (like wool dryer balls and cleaners) and the recipe cards to make them. All you have to do is throw it all together.
- Figure out what essential oil you love the smell of so you can purchase products that use that oil. Most products are going to get their scent from the essential oils used in them.
All Natural House Cleaning Products that are A Must
I’ve been doing this for a while now, so I’ve tried many, many products. While some work amazingly… some don’t. So these are the ones I highly recommend trying out and then subscribing to if you love them as much as I do. (You can get all of these at Grove cheaper than I’ve found anywhere else).
- Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Automatic Dishwasher Soap Packs
- Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Dish Soap
- Method All Purpose Cleaner
- Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Glass Cleaner
- Method Antibacterial Toiler Cleaner
- Seventh Generation Chlorine Free Bleach
- Method Tile & Tub Spray
- Grove Collaborative Wool Dryer Balls
- Mrs . Meyer’s Hand Soap
Why Use Grove Collaborative for Natural Products
I’m pretty obsessed with Grove for two reasons: low prices and convenience.
I used to order my cleaning products on Amazon… until I discovered they were WAY overpriced. So I found Grove, which offers a similar subscription service, and couldn’t be happier.
I spend about $25/month on all of my all natural cleaning supplies and it always comes to my door right on time.
I especially like them because every product they sell has been rigorously tested by industry experts for health, effectiveness, and environmental impact.
Their own brand products are all-natural, animal cruelty free, and safe for your family and the environment.
So, if you’re a busy mom who wants a natural and safe home without having to DIY everything, setting up a subscription for all natural products with Grove is the answer for you.