It’s hard to decide whether you want the gift of alone time for Mother’s Day, or to be surrounded by your kids that you love dearly. And, really, I think it depends on how old your kids are. Sometimes you need a break, sometimes you don’t. And for some reason Mother’s Day seems like the only appropriate time to ask for it… or does it?
Here are some gifts any mom would love (and may not want to ask for):
- To sleep in- Because moms are always tired. Seriously. I think I’d give my left foot to sleep until 10:30am right about now.
- A clean house- There is nothing like waking up (at 10:30AM) to a nice, clean house. It just puts you in a good mood. And you want mom in a good mood, don’t you?
- Time to herself- Something moms forget to do is spend time on themselves. We’re so busy taking care of everyone else that by the time we’re done, we’re ready for bed. And sleep is the most me time we get… and, remember, we don’t get much sleep! And if your mom doesn’t want me time, then go do something relaxing with her. The key is to let her relax. Some ideas to give mom some “me time” or r&r:
- Night away at a hotel with room service
- Spa day
- Food- I mean, really, who doesn’t love food?? Take mom to breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner- whatever her thing is. Just give her a good meal that she doesn’t have to cook herself.
- A nice letter letting her know she’s appreciated- It’s so nice to know that you’re appreciated. I don’t think we tell our moms how much we appreciate them enough because life gets busy. But when you do hear it, it feels so good. I cry every time my husband tells me how I’m a great mom.
- Wine- Moms love wine. Period.
- Amazon gift card- Because you can buy almost anything on Amazon. Whether she’s in to fitness, gardening, music, etc, she can find something on Amazon.
Or is it just me??
Ladies, let me know what you think! Did I get it right?