Once October hits, the first thing I do is run to the bakery and buy pumpkin everything. I crave it all year, but try to hold off until the fall. I can’t get enough of it!
Now that I have a baby, it’s not as easy to pick up and go to the bakery whenever I have a pumpkin craving. Therefore, I decided to make my own pumpkin spice cookies! And oh-my-gosh the are delicious!!
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- ½ stick of butter, softened
- Cream cheese frosting- optional*
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with a sheet of parchment paper, or with grease and flour.
- Dump the cake mix, pumpkin puree, egg and soft butter into a bowl and mix it all just until combined.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough about two inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- If you want to add a little sweetness, top with cream cheese frosting!