Healthy Turkey Chili Crock Pot Recipe + Video
Nothing screams comfort like a nice, warm bowl of chili!
Nom nom nom, I love chili! You know who else loves chili? My husband and toddler. That means I had to come up with a healthy turkey chili crock pot recipe because none of us were going to give it up.
I use this recipe on two occasions:
- When any of us are craving chili
- When I need something quick and easy to make because I’m not going to have time to cook
It really is as simple as throwing a bunch of ingredients that you probably already have at home in a crockpot and not looking at it again for 6-8 hours.
My husband says it tastes just like Wendy’s chili. He honestly has no idea that it’s healthy, and I have no plans on telling him!
Table of Contents
Freezing Your Healthy Chili
Another great thing about this recipe as that it’s freezable! When frozen, it can last you another 4-6 months!
Perfect for those days you don’t want to cook and a million times better than a sodium/carb packed lean cuisine.
To freeze it (or to freeze any other food for that matter) I totally recommend these freezer storage bag holders. They are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
You just clip your freezer bags to it and it holds them open for a super easy transfer of your food from the crockpot to the baggy. Then you just close the baggy up and throw it in the freezer for a few months!
Healthy Turkey Chili Crock Pot Recipe
Healthy Turkey Chili Ingredients
- 1.3 lb (20 oz) fat free ground turkey breast
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4.5 oz) can chopped chilies, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15.5 oz) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15.5 oz) can small red beans, undrained
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 4 oz. low-fat shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Healthy Turkey Chili Directions
- Brown turkey and onion until cooked through.
- Drain and discard any fat.
- Place all ingredients except cheese into slow cooker and mix well.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on high.
- Top with 1 oz. cheese or sliced avocado, if desired.
- Serving size: 2 cups
- 21 Day Fix: 1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 Green, and .5 Blue (if you add the cheese)
- Calories: 256
- Protein: 16g
- Carbs: 32g
- Total Fat: 1.5g
- Fiber: 9g